Ever dreamed of Lanka’s serene waters? or Picturesque Landscapes? or what we all love most, authentic indigenous food!Renowned food curators Chef Payal Bhuptani & Upasana Maheshwari recreate authentic SriLankan cuisine at Andheri’s favorite music pub, Road house Bluez on 7th of February, here is the recipe of kottu roti, a roti preparation served with meat, vegetables and spices.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
1 1/2 cup cooked lamb curry meat plus a bit of the gravy ( you can use any meat curry)
4 godhamba roti’s or parathas made of maida. You can use Malabar/Kerela parotha as well
1 large onion, finely sliced
2 green chilliies, finely sliced
4 garlic cloves, sliced
1 sprig curry leaves
1 carrot, grated or julienned
2 eggs whisked
11/2 tsp Sri Lankan curry powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
4 to 5 tbsp oil
1) Heat the oil in a pan over low flame.
2) Add the curry leaves, ginger and garlic and fry till fragrant.
3) Add the onions till they are lightly brown and add the spices along with salt and pepper. Fry for a minutes or so.
4) Next add the vegetables and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
5) Now move the veggies to the side of the pan and add the beaten eggs in the middle of the pan along with green chilies. Stir all the ingredients well and add the meat
6) Add strips of the roti to this mixture and stir again for a couple of minutes
7) Serve hot or cold