Most of you must have seen that advertisement where two women are talking about each other’s skin secrets and the jingle plays ‘Yeh love nahi Dove hai’. The first time I saw that advertisement, comparing dove soap with milk, that made me realise that milk is actually good for our skin. Well the ad did their part and we will do our part now. To give a clear picture of the products, we reviewed ‘Nectarine and White Ginger Scent-24’ and ‘Pomegranate and Lemon Verbana Scent’ from dove Go Fresh body wash range.
What the brand claims
These body washes effectively nourish the skin due to its nutrium moisture technology (the products include a special combination of oils and other ingredients that work to restore the outermost layer of the skin and are actually absorbed into the top layer, rather than simply coating.)
What she likes
This is exactly what a body wash should do to your skin. It creates good foam, smells awesome and leaves you completely fresh after taking bath. You can even smell pomegranate aroma while bathing.
1. Completely milky and creamy bath
2. Gives you perfect smell, just the way you want (it’s not the kind of smell which gives you a headache after bathing)
3. You can enjoy a fruity bath (body wash lets you experience the pomegranate aroma)
4. Proves to be a good body wash compared to many other brands available in the market
5. Not harsh on your skin
6. Attractive packaging and you can carry it while travelling
What she hates
Although the body wash has so many good things about it, but there are also some drawbacks of this product. I personally felt while using that the body wash doesn’t give any major benefits to your skin even if you use it for months together. Further it does not keep your skin soft for a long time (the softness is hardly there for one or two hours.)
1. Smell doesn’t last for a long time
2. Not all the fragrances are recommended from this range
3. Wish they could work more on its skin softening formula
Price: $6 for the pack of two
I would prefer buying their Pomegranate fragrance again as I liked the mild smell of this product. It’s good for people who have sensitive skin. It doesn’t make your skin dry! Colour is soothing to eyes and one can enjoy a nice foamy bath. I found that the Nectarine and White Ginger Scent-24 has nothing revolutionary in it. The good part is that these are travel friendly and I can actually carry them along with me wherever I travel.