1 Cup Ragi/Nachni/ finger millet flour
¼ Cup black gram
¼ Tea spoon fenugreek
1 ¼ Cup water
Salt to taste
Oil /& ghee to roast pan cake
1.Mix flour with water and keep aside.
2.Wash and soak black gram and fenugreek for 2-3 hours and grind to smooth paste. Stir the dough well, add 3. salt and mix well.
4. Ferment for 6-8 hours and mix well now.
5. On a hot pan sprinkle few drops of water and wipe with cotton cloth and pour one ladle batter and spread to a thin circular layer and drizzle oil / ghee.
6. Adjust to medium flame and roast till crisp and transfer to a plate.
7. Serve hot with varieties of chutney or curry.
After each pan cake sprinkle few drops of water and wipe with cotton cloth and prepare next pan cake.
½ Cup beans bits
½ Cup potato bits
½ Cup carrot bits
MASALA TO GRIND
2 Byadagi red chillies
2 Gutur red chillies
1 Tea spoon dhania
4 Cloves garlic
1 Inch cinnamon
1 Table spoon poppy seeds
½ Cup coconut grate
SAUTE AND FRY
2 Table spoon oil
½ Tea spoon mustard
½ Tea spoon cumin
½ Tea spoon black gram
½ Tea spoon Bengal gram
2 Strings curry leaves
1 Big pinch asafoetida
½ cup onion bits
½ Cup tomato bits
½ cup peas
¼ cup Cauliflower bits
¼ Cup capsicum bits
1 Table spoon tamarind paste
Salt to taste
½ Cup finely chopped coriander
1. Cook beans, potato and carrot bits and keep aside.
2. Grind masala ingredients with water.
3. After heating oil in a pan add mustard. After it crackles add black and bengal grams and fry red. Add 4. cumin, asafoetida and curry leaves and fry a little.
4. Add onion and fry little and add peas, cauliflower, capsicum and fry till tender. Add tomato and cook soft and mushy.
5. Combine cooked vegetables and mash little so that all vegetables blend together.
6. Stir in ground masala, tamarind paste, salt and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes in simmer by stirring occasionally.
7. Remove from flame and transfer to the serving bowl. Garnish with coriander
1. Different vegetables of your choice can be used.
2. Green chillies can be used for unavailability of red chillies.
3. Masala items can be dry roast and ground.