Summer is here and the heat is already draining every ounce of energy from our body, isn’t it? We tend to consume lot of liquids during summers. But try ditching your regular sugary juices and colas for something that will quench your thirst as well as is packed with many nutrients and many other good things. It’s the coconut water! What’s so special about the coconut water? Here are just some of the benefits
• Coconut water is packed with electrolytes, which replenish the loss of important salts from your body during summers
• It is an excellent source of B-Complex Vitamins and helps sick patients recover quickly.
• Coconut water, although light to consume, is rich in minerals.
• It has great antiviral, anti-protozoal and antibacterial activity.
• Coconut water is rich in potassium, and its regular consumption helps those suffering from high blood pressure.
• Regular consumption of coconut water is known to increase high density lipids(good) cholesterol. Increase in good cholesterol helps maintain normal functioning of heart.
• Coconut water is known to speed up body’s metabolism and helps in weight loss
• Apply coconut water to your face at night and wash it off early morning. It helps in dealing with problems related to ache, blemishes and wrinkles, lightens stretch marks and also helps cure mild rashes.
• Coconut water is of great help to those suffering from kidney-related ailments.
• It is rich in amino acids and is helps in healing of scars and injuries. It helps in improving elasticity of skin and makes it supple.
With so many help benefits, a coconut is moderately priced at a maximum of Rupees 30, far cheaper than your juices and colas. So you know what to do when you feel thirsty this summer!