MarketWolf, an innovative ‘intra-day options only’ trading app has raised US$5.5million in a fresh round of seed funding largely from high profile individual investors who hold senior positions in globally renowned private equity firms, investment funds, fintech, and consumer Internet start-ups.
Some of these investors include Anil Thadani – Chairman at Symphony Asia; Ashutosh Sinha – former CEO of Morgan Stanley Investment Management Singapore; Tomas Urbanec – former CEO of Prudential Assurance Singapore; Roy van Leeuwen – Managing Director Benelux, Auto1; Anuj Srivastava – Co-Founder & CEO of Livspace and Ramakant Sharma – Co-Founder & COO of Livspace.
MarketWolf had raised US$1.7million during its angel round and has raised a total of US$7.2million to date. This fresh funding will be utilized to build new products, expand the user base and attract top talent.
‘intra-day options only’ trading app
Commenting on this milestone, Vishesh Dhingra, Founder, and CEO of MarketWolf said, “This funding announcement is a significant step forward for all of us at MarketWolf and a testament to the fact that our investors believe in our vision of democratizing trading worldwide. We believe ‘Anyone Can Trade’ and are working towards demystifying the complex world of trading, starting with intra-day options. Our global ambitions are backed by a strong group of investors and an experienced, diligent team that is able to deliver under any circumstances.”
MarketWolf launched in India as its first market and is experiencing exponential growth in all business metrics with trading accounts increasing by 4X and monthly active users multiplying to 10X over the last few months. MarketWolf, which is a licensed stockbroker in India has clocked over 1 million app downloads and is available on both Android and iOS.
MarketWolf does not believe in giving tips but instead creating the right conditions and ecosystem for users to make better trading decisions. With this belief, MarketWolf has pioneered the bold model of charging brokerage only when a trade makes a profit.
Mr. Dhingra added, “We feel very proud of the fact that on MarketWolf, over 60% of trades have made profits for the users. Any feature that gets added in the app has to pass the litmus test of contributing either towards increasing the chances of trade making profits or minimizing the chances of a trade incurring losses. This is the reason we have aligned our business objectives with users making profits. Our aim is to create a global community of MarketWolves – people who learn psychology, knowledge, and tools to trade well in all market conditions, and train each other to become better traders. In an industry which has been largely categorized into only bulls and bears, MarketWolves will be a worthy addition.”
MarketWolf believes that there are a lot of good solutions available to people for long-term investments. However, for people who are interested in short-term trading, there may be limited protection available and they could end up making bad choices, especially as they are starting out their trading journey. MarketWolf helps these people by simplifying the trading experience, removing unnecessary jargon and complexities associated with options, and educating them, while protecting their capital with built-in risk management features.
Some key platform features include:
- Brokerage Only on Profits – Pay brokerage only when you profit. Zero otherwise!
- Protect Capital – Set your reward/risk limits before you place the trade. Follow trading discipline!
- Trade Quality Stocks – Trade in a curated list of high-performing liquid stocks. Stay away from junk stocks!
- Learn Trading – Start with practice mode. Train to trade!
- Start Small – Trade index and stock options. Based on your Risk appetite!
- See Charges Upfront – See all charges before you place a trade. 100% transparent!
- Easy & Fast Trading – Easy to find suitable options based on the investment amount. Trade executed in milliseconds!
- Follow The Trend – Use the short-term trend indicator to place trades quickly. The trend is your friend!
- Candlestick Charts & Technical Indicators – Use advanced tools to understand price movements. Build your trading knowledge!
- 24×7 Customer Care – In-app help center available for assistance. Anytime!