Everyone expects to see a bridal glow on the brides. But they don’t understand that bridal glow does not come easy. You need to really work hard for that bridal glow and plan a bridal skin care routine. And especially when you are a working bride, then the skin care takes a backseat. All the stress and work pressure shows on your skin.
But when you are a bride then the priorities change. So, even if you are a working bride like me, skin care becomes extremely important. So, have a look at the bridal skin care regimen which I have started to follow from November. Please note that my marriage is scheduled in Feb:
1. Morning Skin Care Routine
- Begin your day with a gentle face wash like Nivea Purifying Face Wash.
- Start by prepping up your skin with
- Post this you can apply any BB cream, I use MUA 8 in 1 Beauty Balm.
- Apply a lipstick of your choice. If you have dry lips like mine then layer your lips first with lip balm and then apply lipstick.
And you are set for the day.
2. Evening Skin Care Routine
- Remove your makeup with a gentle cleansing milk like Himalaya Sandal Cleansing Milk
- Leave your face bare for some time
3. Night Skin Care Routine
- Post dinner, I apply a night time rejuvenating pack. I have a set of 3 face packs which you can use every alternate day.
Day 1 :
Apply any regular honey all over your face. I use Dabur Honey. Leave it on your face for at least 20-30 minutes and let it dry. Post drying rub your face with a slice of lemon. Let it dry for another 10-15 minutes and then rinse your face with water.
Day 2 :
Take a tablespoon of fuller earth and keep it in a clean glass bowl. Add a pinch of turmeric in it. Dilute it with water or rose water. Apply the face pack all over your face. Let it dry. Post your face dries, rub the lemon slice all over your face just like Day 1. Finally, rinse your face with water.
Day 3 :
Crush Moong Daal in the grinder till it is fully powdered. Once it is in powder form, dilute the powdered moon daal with gulab jal or plain distilled water. Apply it all over your face. After it dries wash off your face within 15 minutes.
Post your face pack regimen, let your face air dry. Now, begin with applying the morning toner. Post which you can apply any night cream. I am using Melasar crème because I have got mild pigmentation issues.
Don’t forget to put some drops of mustard oil in your navel. This will keep your lips soft and also apply some castor oil on your lips. The thick castor oil will keep your lips moisturized and soft and also take care of pigmentation on your lips.
So, that was all about my skin care regimen. The idea is to keep it natural and use the products which are effective on your skin. Like I find lemon and fuller earth extremely effective on my skin.
Share your thoughts and ideas on the post in the community.