Count down to Wedding: Time To Go
30 – 20 Days To Go
- Start taking extra care of your diet and eating healthy. Weddings are stressful and you do not want to be falling sick!
- Prepare final timelines for each function.
- Purchase all the little things here and there. Example: Plates, baskets, artificial jewellery, etc.
- Figure out your looks, in terms of hair and make up for each function and convey the same to your make-up artist. If he/she is getting any new products, go in for a patch test. In fact, even try going in for a proper trial if you can.
- Start making the necessary arrangements for the legal wedding certificate.
20 – 10 days To Go
- Go in for a massage
- Get your lehenga’s final fitting done and bring it home.
- If you have been exercising to lose weight, now is the time to stop. Losing weight now will only pave way for more alterations in your outfits.
- Sit with your DJ and figure out a rough song list. Tell him your preferences.
- Make a list of all the last minute requirements you will later need to go shopping for. Example: Flowers, fruits, coconut, rice, etc.
10 – 5 days To Go
- Get your pre wedding shoot done. The days from now on will be hectic, so let this be a breather.
- Confirm with the guests who still haven’t given an affirmative answer. Try and get a good idea of the number of guests coming in. (We know it’s hard to get an exact number in an Indian wedding).
- Figure out your entry on the wedding day.
- Confirm arrival time with all your vendors.
5 days – The Wedding
- Make all the required gift baskets, shagun baskets, wedding favours, etc.
- Get waxed.
- Get a facial. However, make sure it’s one you have tried earlier, so as to avoid any bad reaction with your skin.
- Sit with your photographer and give him a go through of all the guests you want special focus to (parents, sisters, friends, etc), rituals, lighting, timings, etc.
- Delegate duties to the close ones. Things like receiving guests, co-ordinating with vendors, picking up last minute stuff, etc.
- Cross check all details with the groom’s party.
- Get your honeymoon packing done.