Tomato soup is almost everyone’s favourite. But how many times have you tried tomato soup recipe at home, only to be disappointed for not getting the taste right. Well, it is a matter of using the right ingredients in right quantities. Today, we are going to show you how to make the perfect tomato soup which everyone would love!
The Perfect Tomato Soup
- 1/2 Kg Tomatoes (6 No)
- 1 med Onion (chopped roughly)
- Garlic 2 cloves
- 2-3 Peppercorns
- 1 Bay leaf
- Salt To Taste
- 1/4 tbsp White pepper
- 1 cup White sauce (homemade, same one that you use for pasta)
- 3 cup Water
- Cream, Parsley or Coriander - To Garnish
- Take a pan and boil together tomatoes, onions, garlic, peppercorns & bay leaf for 8 to 10 minutes, (till the tomatoes & onions are soft )
- Strain the water & reserve it.
- Cool tomatoes & onions. Blends them to smooth puree.
- Strain the above puree to the reserved stock and put it on heat.
- Add salt and pepper and cook it for about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Gradually add the white sauce to the soup.
- Cook for few minutes and serve hot garnished with a little cream on top plus parsley or coriander.
- Transfer the soup to bowls.
- Garnish with herbs & cream.
- Enjoy with toasted bread or croutons.