Do you feel you’re at a disadvantage when you go through your Instagram feed and feel everyone else has a huge wardrobe while you don’t? Do you have that one friend who never seems to repeat her clothes? Are you tired of wearing the same old Jean and tees all the time? Do you have the perfect outfit but no suitable accessories? Well, you’ve come to the right place. Continue reading to learn a few useful tips to keep in mind the next time you want to shop.
The sheer number of online shopping sites are every shopaholic’s dream come true. With discounts and offers throughout the year and every possible product to purchase, all of us are attracted to online shopping, whether a shopaholic or not. Most people believe that online shopping is limited to Flipkart and Amazon when, in truth, they are just the beginning. It’s time to leave the comfort of these well-known sites and explore others which offer an equally amazing choice of clothes and accessories.
Tips To Keep In Mind (Very Important!)
- An extremely crucial point to remember – Check the customer reviews before you place an order. While the product images displayed by the seller may be deceiving at times, customer images will show you exactly how it is. If you do this, there are very fewer chances of you receiving a product which you are not satisfied.
- Make a wish list : Online shopping is similar to the stock market. The prices of clothes go up and down randomly. Keep a regular check and confirm your order when you feel the product is at its lowest.
- Keep a lookout for annual sales, especially during the festive season and end of the season. You can grab double the number of clothes than on a regular day. Make sure your wishlist is updated with everything you are eyeing on; otherwise, you would miss out what you want in the mad race. The product would either be sold out, or you would not get your size or colour preference.
- Invest in bottoms and jackets and go cheap on tops!
This has been my shopping mantra, and it has worked out like a charm. I have plenty of tops to choose from, and it feels like every time I step out, it’s in something new and different! People think I am a heavy spender, but I am not!
- Explore more stores online apart from Flipkart and Amazon.
- Make sure you are getting your money’s worth before placing orders. Keep an eye out for heavy discounts and sales.
Stores Worth Checking Out
It is essential to know what kind of clothes you want before choosing your store. If you are looking for ethnic wear, go for boutique sites as they have really good collections, though expensive. There are hundreds of stores to choose from, but these are among my top favourites.
Shein: Shein is the love of all college girls and budget shoppers who are looking to purchase the latest styles and trends at extremely affordable prices. One of the best features about shein is that it’s rare not to find your correct size. It caters to a wider size range than most other sites. From XXS to XXXL, you are sure to find your perfect fit. The colour options, designs and models are really good. Keep a check on their daily flash sales, and you might find something you really like at a low price.
Club factory: While the quality of clothes available here is questionable and not generally recommended, they do have a good collection of accessories at unbelievably low prices. You can find beautiful earrings, bracelets, neckpieces and anklets for as low as Rs 50. A collection of 15 sets of studs or ten pieces of rings are as cheap as Rs 150. If you want to add more variety to your accessories collection, this is a good place to come.
Myntra: Not cheaper than the other options, but has the best collection of brands. If you are sceptical about online shopping, you can blindly order here as you will get the same clothes that you see at the outlets. A good trick here, next time you go to a mall and something catches your eye, check out its price on Myntra, you are bound to get it at least Rs 200 *less.
Have something more to share? Feel free to comment and share your thoughts.