Yoga is a way of living towards a healthy mind in a healthy body. Yoga is not about religion or bending and twisting bodies in different ways. If you have that in mind, we urge you to think with an open mind in positive spirits. Yoga, derived from the Sanskrit word ‘yuj’ which means ‘to unite or integrate’ is a 5,000-year-old knowledge from ancient India.
After all the stress we go through every day there is no need to restate the importance of mental and physical health. We can consider yoga as a means to tune the body with the mind, inner self through various exercises, poses (asanas) and meditation. Yoga can be one simple way to tackle health or stress-related issues that women face. Practising yoga daily helps you with positive energy, productivity and calmness. With Yoga, one can try to be healthy in the comfort of their home, and all you just need is consistency.
YOGA for Women Series :
If you have already gone through the Yoga Asanas we have posted, you are on the right page. We have curated this page only to map and link all the asanas and tabulate them as per the elements of practice, order and benefits in the days to come as we progress. This page along with the asanas would be updated from time to time as we cover specific asana. Hence, this post would be acting as an index for the same and you might have understood by now why did we post those yoga asana stories without any introduction.
Practice Yoga at Home :
You can start practising yoga at home at a time of your choice and comfort. Everyone has a different atmosphere at home; while yoga certainly doesn’t need any fancy setup, all you need is a peaceful ambience in which you are comfortable. Here are a few tips for practising yoga at home.
- Choose a time and try to be consistent. Although there is no recommended time to practice yoga, mornings and evenings are best preferred.
- You can choose yoga wear and keep it simple. No fancy kinds of stuff (band, makeup, belt, excessive jewellery etc.) as they may hinder your focus and the yoga experience. Choose one comfortable wear and stick to it. This will set the mood and up your dedication levels.
- Choose a comfortable place in your home where you can practice those wide stretches and be in your comfort zones. If you are a morning person, you can also choose your balcony so that you get exposed to the sun rays.
- Do not bloat your stomach before practising yoga. Keep it simple and it is suggested to practice yoga on an empty or light stomach. This gives you the comfort to practice any kind of asana or stretch.
- If possible, try to include your family as well in this process. This not only helps to get connected with each other and make it ‘family fun time’ but also helps in motivation. In this way, you can also identify the flexibility levels of your family members and plan your family’s diet or regulate eating habits.
- Be consistent. Consistency is the key.
Table 1 :
|1||Surya Namaskara||Salutation to the Sun||Surya Namaskara (Salutation to the Sun)|
|2||Parvatasana||Mountain Pose||Parvatasana : Mountain Pose|
|3||Chakrasana||Wheel Pose||Chakrasana : Wheel Pose|
|4||Pawanmuktasana||Wind Relieving Pose||Pawanmuktasana/Wind Relieving Pose Benefits|
|5||Ustrasana||Camel Pose||Top Ten Benefits Of Ustrasana/Camel Pose|
Table 2 :
|1||Yoga : All your questions answered at one place||Yoga : All your questions answered at one place|
Already practising yoga and experiencing benefits? We encourage you to share your experiences with the community.