- Soft Paneer/Chenna 300 gms.
- Banana leaf. 1 no.
- Saffron strands – few
To be ground to paste :
- Fresh Coriander leaves – 2 tbsps.
- Fresh coconut grated – 3 heaped tbsp.
- Raw mango grated – ½ cup
- Curry leaves paste – 1 tsp
- Green chillies – 2 nos.
- Cashewnuts – 6 – 8 nos.
- Sugar – 2tsp
- Lemon juice – 1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Make a fine paste of the ingredients mentioned in the paste section.
- Now cook this mixture on medium flame for 4 – 5 minutes until raw smell of mango has reduced and coconut smells nutty.
- In the meanwhile finely mash the paneer or chenna if available.
- Soak saffron strands in 1 tbsp warm milk.
- Add Saffron to the paste that’s being cooked. Take it off heat in 1 minute.
- Now mix the paneer and paste together nicely.
- Wrap 50 gms of panner in one banana leaf parcel. Wrap it like a book fold and then tuck the two ends in. You can also tie the parcel with a thread.
- Now steam these parcels for 8 – 10 minutes.
Serve these hot parcels as it is. Let the guest open them and enjoy the hot patrani paneer.
Recipe Courtesy – Saransh Goila is an Anchor and Chef Consultant for Food Food channel and is also a Food Columnist. Saransh’s specialty is contemporary Indian food, with varied knowledge of Italian food & bakery and confectionery as well.