In the US, November 4 is National Candy Day, when our taste buds crave to go back in time to our childhood and indulge in a bounty of vibrant candy.
So we compiled five candy recipes that you can make right away to commemorate this event with heaps of flavour in diverse sizes, shapes, and colours.
1. Colourful Turkish Jujubes
- Set aside one cup of cold water with some gelatin powder to soften.
- Make syrup separately by heating some sugar and water until they reach a thick consistency.
- Add the gelatin, orange juice, lemon juice, and your preferred food colour after taking it off the heat. After thoroughly blending them, strain them.
- After letting it cool, cut it into the appropriate shapes.
2. Nostalgic Gummy bears
- Warm up half a cup of cold water in a pot.
- Add 85 grams of flavoured gelatin to it after adding two teaspoons of unflavored gelatin powder. Mix well.
- For 10 to 15 minutes, let the mixture heat. Once finished, remove off the stove.
- The ingredients should now be poured into a bear-shaped mould to solidify.
- Go on a 20-minute freeze, then feast on gummy bears.
3. Flavorful Lollipops
- Lightly mist a lollipop mould with oil or nonstick cooking spray. Just the smallest amount of oil should be left after wiping away the excess.
- Into the mould, insert candy sticks.
- Over medium-high heat, create a syrup by boiling sugar and water.
- Add your preferred flavour extract and food colour after it has boiled and the sugar has dissolved.
- Fill the moulds, let them freeze, and then serve.
4. Dalgona candy
- Place a metal ladle with some sugar on it directly over a medium flame. Continue stirring until it dissolves.
- The ladle should be taken off the heat before a pinch of baking soda is added. Mix well.
- Equal parts of the mixture should be poured onto parchment paper.
- The rounds should be flattened using a measuring cup before being cut out with various-shaped cookie cutters to create candies.
5. Sour gummy candy
- Blend strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries. Additionally, you can purée them all to get three distinct flavours.
- Bring the purée to a simmer while adding water, honey, and lemon juice.
- Add some gelatin to the mixture and boil it for a while more.
- Discard and strain the tough portions. The mixture should now be poured into a mould and frozen.
- Pour some sugar and lime juice over the candies. Serve.