Kareena Kapoor is has set a benchmark for all the lovely preggy ladies out there with her fit body and glowing skin. The diva has been so active and outgoing all this while with her cute baby bump! Kareena Kapoor Khan and renowned and our favourite dietician Rujuta Diwekar put up an informative chat show on Facebook for all the women. During this candid Facebook chat, Kareena revealed her pregnancy diet. Here are the major highlights of their discussion in case you missed catching up live. So all soon-to-be mommies listen up carefully 😀
1. Do not eat more just because you are pregnant – “Everyone thinks I’m overeating now, but the idea is not to overeat just because you’re pregnant. Just because you’re carrying another person, it doesn’t mean you have to liberty to eat 20 chapatis. Rujuta also believes that if you stick to whatever you’ve been doing even before you were pregnant, the idea of you gaining weight or your body type changing will not happen. Stick to whatever you’ve been doing for the last 10 years. The plan that we’ve been following has been quite basic, maybe an extra paratha.”
2. Craving for Karela during pregnancy is completely normal – “I am constantly craving a lot of karelas, which is quite… very different. I really like the taste, I enjoy the taste. Everyone says to add a little sugar to it and the bitterness goes, but I don’t like that. I like that it has a bitter, pungent taste to it. It’s something that I enjoy. And it’s extremely rich in iron, and it’s got so many benefits in it. I’m enjoying all the vegetables – today’s lunch was lauki mutter.”
3. Home based sweets – I am also very strangely enjoying a lot of Indian sweets more than the pastries, cakes, whipped cream. I think that I’m eating more home-based sweets, whether it’s the suji ka pedas or besan ka laddos. I’m trying to be as good and healthy
4. Why is Karela good in Pregnancy? Rujuta explained very well! “you crave things that are more healthy for you because you’re more intuitive. It’s also apparently the reason Kareena is craving karela, because the vegetable is also known for blood sugar regulating properties, and helps with mood stability.”
5. The actress also revealed that her on-the-go munching snack is Makhana. Makhanas are lotus seeds,They are known as a fasting food, well, its health benefits are far more superior to dry fruits.
6. Desi Ghee – Kareena Kapoor and Rujuta Diwekar have been promoting the amazing goodness of Ghee from years and this time, too she revealed the secret behind her grandmother’s glowing skill till now is Ghee. She loves her dal with the tadka of Ghee.
7. Rujuta Diwekar’s Killer Mental Map (Not for pregnant ladies) – This is the formula practised by our grandparents we all have forgotten. Thanks to Rujuta for putting it out there! “How much to eat?” If you have ever wondered – here is the answer – Mental Meal Map. You can download and share, but surely try to implement.