On this week’s interview series, we are excited to introduce Gujarat-based Designer Purvi Doshi. She brings her latest “Khadi” collection which is a true tribute to Mother Nature. Non violent, cruelty free, handcrafted & beautiful, yes that definitely defines the Khadi collection.
1) Tell us a little bit about your newly launched collection?
Our latest collection “back to start” is our step forward towards sustainable fashion, “back to start” is closest to my heart as we had created altogether a new range and it was a first step towards sustainable fashion.It was a lot of hard work yet a sense of satisfaction when we created the collection by amalgamation of two different hand embroideries on Khadi which made them look not only beautiful but elegant.The collection despite being very elegant and beautiful gave us the feeling of pride, honor and satisfaction of not being harmed or being harmful to the nature.
2) What brings KHADI Collection in Mumbai?
The Khadi collection we had displayed in Mumbai for two of our events, which were a real great success, we could see the love for the collection and also gained lot of respect for making such a wonderful collection in Khadi.
3) Where do you get your inspiration?
Our main inspiration is the heritrage of gujarat, vintage styles and silhouettes of the different culture and tribes all round the world, we get inspired by them and then we create a very international look using the roots of our country, like handwoven fabrics, hand embroideries, and hand block prints .
4) How KHADI collection is different than other organic/natural fabric collections available in the city?
Khadi is hand woven and hand spun, most of the organic or natural fabrics are machine spun, so khadi is different from them.Khadi has the touch of the hand weave and it has the perspiration of the weavers and artisans of our country.Its a feel of pride working with khadi as it is the fabric of freedom and khadi is the most versatile fabric, it gives the feeling of warmth in winters and cool in summer
5) What would be the expected Price Range?
The price range would be 15000 to 40000
6) Give us 5 style tips for this season?
- Straight, Sleek, and long
- very comfortable with pockets,
- Hand woven and hand spun shirts
- very stylish knee length dresses
- mix match with accessories like stoles and jackets