This is an instant pickle and it can’t stay for long time as it is made from early raw mangoes. It’s a tastemaker to any of your snacks or main course. It goes very well with Paratha, Upama, Poha, but my favourite combination is with plain rice.
I remember during my childhood we used to eat this pickle with every snack and meal, today we see this recipe is almost vanishing and so I decided to revive my grandmom’s recipe in my kitchen.
- 5 medium sized raw mangoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tbsp mustard seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- tbsp of oil for roasting
- 2 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp jaggery
- 1 tbsp salt
- Wash the raw mangoes properly, peel the skin and chop into small pieces.
- Add half tbsp oil in Kadai lightly roast fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes. now grind the roasted masala along with turmeric, salt and red chilli powder.
- Add roasted and grinded masala into chopped raw mangoes.
- Add jaggery and mix well with a hand.
- Now temper the mixture with 3 tbsp hot oil and mustard and cumin seeds.
- Mix well. store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Finish it within 8 days