Food, Crackers, Rangoli and Diya these are the beautiful elements of Diwali! This is the best time to spend with your kids and teach them about our culture and festival too. Today while doing preparations for Diwali, I found one more fun filled activity that’ll involve your kids and busy moms as well.
Making Diya at home with kids sounds difficult but believe me I enjoyed it! So I decided to share this activity with Moms and friends.We will need homemade clay and different colors for making Diya colorful. So let’s check out how to involve kids in making Diwali Diya at home.
Preparation of clay (all homemade things so girls don’t get panic)
We will need ingredients
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Any type of Salt – 1 cup
- Cream of tartar – 1 tbsp
- Lukewarm water (to make dough)
- Food colors
- Add flour, salt and cream of tartar together. Mix it well
- Then mix colors in a small amount and with help of lukewarm water make the dough.
- Use water as required.
- After forming a dough put the dough in the freezer of half an hour without covering.
- After half an hour take it out dough and make diya
- Dry it in the oven for 20 min or let it dry in sun for 2 hours.
- Its perfectly safe for kids.
Time for entire activity is one and half-hour with great memorable moments 🙂