Watching a street food vendor making that lip smacking and tasty Vada Pav, but refraining yourself from it because it’s unhealthy! Not anymore. For all those diets conscious and hygiene concerned people out there, it’s time to savor your favorite vada pav at home. All you need is boiled potato, ginger-garlic paste, finely chopped onion and coriander, lemon juice, curry leaves, green chilli paste, salt, oil, cumin and mustard seeds.
• Make a potato sabzi (batata vada) with the mentioned materials
• Mix besan (gram flour) into water and make a smooth batter
• Add salt, turmeric, cardamom seeds, edible soda (a pinch), 2 tsp hot oil, to the batter
• Heat oil in a frying pan
• Drop the batata vada into the batter and deep fry till it turns brown in colour
• Take an open bun and spread dried coconut and garlic chutney. Put the vada inside the bun and serve with fried green chilli
But are you still satisfied with the regular Vada Pav?
Add new flavors to your menu with some delectable and tasty flavored vada pav.
1.Cheese Vada Pav: Give yourself a cheesy treat with the regular vada pav. Place a cheese slice on the open bun along with green and red dried chutney. Put the fried vada on the cheese slice, close the bun and roast it on a hot tawa for 2 minutes. Serve hot with sweet and sour chutney.
2.Schezwan Vada Pav: Add Chinese flavors to your vada pav with the schezwan sauce and mix fried vegetables (cabbage, carrot, capsicum and spring onion). Make Chinese style fried veg out of these vegetables. Add tsp of hot Shejwan sauce. Apply this mixture on the open bun; put fried vada into the open bun. Shejwan Vada pav is ready. Enjoy the desi vada pav with Chinese tadka.
3.Corn Vada Pav: Add boiled sweet corns in the mashed potato and deep fry. savor your regular vada pav with healthy sweet corns.
4.Methi Vada Pav: Put in some nutritional value to your tasty food with Methi vada pav. Mix chopped methi leaves while frying the onion for the vada. Let it fry for 2 minutes. Then prepare it as a regular vada pav.
5. Paneer Vada Pav: Paneer is a good source of protein and at the same time makes food delicious as well. Add grated paneer to the potato stuffing or spread grated paneer on the open bun as a second layer after the chutney.
6.Butter Vada Pav: Mouth watering butter vada pav is very easy to make. Just apply a spoonful of melted butter on the open bun, spread dried coconut and garlic chutney. Place the batata vada and apply little butter on the outer side of the bun. Roast it for 2 minutes on the hot tawa. Serve hot with green or red chutney.
7.Sago Batata Vada Pav: Sago or Sabudana vada is a very famous and delicious dish in Maharashtra prepared on the fasting day. Mix soaked sago, boiled and mashed potatoes, roasted peanut powder, green chili paste, and chopped onion, chopped coriander, cumin seeds, salt and make a soft dough by adding a little water. Make small balls and deep fry them. Serve hot with sweet and sour tamarind-jaggery chutney in the open bun.
Relish your senses with these scrumptious and healthy vada pav without any guilt of unhealthy indulgence!