Rasgulla is a traditional Bengali sweet made from paneer and sugar syrup. I could never think that i can make this authentic Bengali sweet. It sounds very difficult to make but trust me it is very easy to make at home. Here is easy recipe how to make spongy and soft Rasgulla.
Cooking time – 40 minutes
Serves – 4 peopleIngredients
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- Milk – 1 litr
- Sugar – 1 ½ bowl
- Lemon juice – 4 tbsp
- Water- 5 cup
- 1 tbsp rose water
- In a large pot boil some milk, add lemon juice. Curd will start to separate from the whey.
- Turn off the flame and drain the whey using strainer, wrap the whey in a white cotton cloth and squeeze well. Keep the paneer under heavy weight for at least one hour; it will help to drain out excess water.
- Now knead the paneer well until it is smooth add 1 tbsp all-purpose flour.
- Divide dough into equal portions and roll them into small balls.
- Mix sugar and water into deep non stick pan let the mixture boil, now add paneer balls cover the pan and boil it for another 5 minutes. Add rose water.
- Rasgulla is ready, refrigerate it for 2 hours.
Enjoy chilled Rasgulla !