Rice Kheer is a traditional yet favourite dessert of many Indian households. Usually made with rice and sugar, we’re here with a twist because of the increasing number of health conscious people who are looking for healthy alternatives of their best Kheer.
Jaggery is one such option that can replace sugar while giving the Kheer its subtle sweetness. You can make this kheer in pressure cooker or without it. Mashed rice kheer has been my go-to recipe especially during Navratri and Diwali time too. Make this with condensed milk or without it. It is known as “Indian Rice Pudding’ and made on almost every occasion or auspicious day such as Diwali as it adds the sweetness and lovely aroma to our lives. Today, it is all about taste, health benefit is just a bonus. That’s the beauty of this recipe. And it is loved by all!
Rice Kheer With Jaggery
- 2 tbsp Pure Ghee
- 1/2 litre Milk
- 1 cup Cooked Rice
- 3/4 cup Grated Jaggery as per the taste
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 1 tsp Saunf Powder
- 1/4 cup Freshly Grated Coconut Optional
- Few Cashew nuts
- First, grind all the ingredients together except milk, cashews nuts and ghee. Combine together rice, jaggery, and all the spices. Blend well in to a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat the heavy bottom kadai and add the tbsp of ghee and golden fry the cashews nuts. Transfer it into the plate.
- Now add the remaining ghee and blended paste. Cook the mixture for a minute. Now add 3/4 cup of water and cook the mixture again till bubble comes out.
- Your kheer is ready!! Transfer it into the bowl and garnish with the fried cashew nuts and add 1 tbsp of ghee, serve hot or cold.
So this was today’s recipe. Hope you’d try this and impress your loved ones. How did you find the recipe? Do let us know in the community section!