Rice Kheer is a traditional yet favourite dessert in many Indian households. Usually made with rice and sugar, we’re here with a twist to cater to the increasing number of health-conscious people who are looking for healthier alternatives to their beloved Kheer.
Jaggery is one such option that can replace sugar while imparting a subtle sweetness to the Kheer. You can make this Kheer in a pressure cooker or without it. Mashed rice Kheer has been my go-to recipe, especially during Navratri and Diwali. You can make it with condensed milk or without it. It is known as “Indian Rice Pudding” and is prepared on almost every occasion or auspicious day, such as Diwali, as it adds sweetness and a lovely aroma to our lives. Today, it’s all about taste, with health benefits as a bonus. That’s the beauty of this recipe, and it is loved by all!
Rice Kheer With Jaggery
- 2 tbsp Pure Ghee
- 1/2 litre Milk
- 1 cup Cooked Rice
- 3/4 cup Grated Jaggery as per the taste
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 1 tsp Saunf Powder
- 1/4 cup Freshly Grated Coconut Optional
- Few Cashew nuts
- First, grind all the ingredients together except milk, cashews nuts and ghee. Combine together rice, jaggery, and all the spices. Blend well in to a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat the heavy bottom kadai and add the tbsp of ghee and golden fry the cashews nuts. Transfer it into the plate.
- Now add the remaining ghee and blended paste. Cook the mixture for a minute. Now add 3/4 cup of water and cook the mixture again till bubble comes out.
- Your kheer is ready!! Transfer it into the bowl and garnish with the fried cashew nuts and add 1 tbsp of ghee, serve hot or cold.
So, this was today’s recipe. I hope you’ll try it and impress your loved ones. How did you find the recipe? Please let us know in the community section!