Diwali is just around the corner, and you should consider going eco-friendly while strengthening the bond with your family by making sweets at home instead of buying them from outside. Milk Peda, or doodh peda, is one of the easy sweet recipes that you can prepare during Diwali or any festival and celebration.
Celebrate Diwali with a Sweet Treat: Making Milk Peda at Home
This simple yet delicious milk peda is perfect for any occasion, as it’s made with just a few basic ingredients. It’s a real treat, and the best part is that you can create various variations of milk peda to suit your preferences or simply to have fun experimenting. The peda is smooth, rich, and creamy, and it will simply melt in your mouth. If you’re short on time but still want to try making an easy sweet, then milk peda is the perfect choice for you.
- 200 gm Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Khoya or Mawa Room Temperature
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Few Saffron Strands
- Add khoya, condensed milk, cardamom powder, ghee to a non-stick pan.
- Heat the non-stick pan cook the mixture till it thickens, overcooking could make it hard rock. Switch off the flame and keep the pan aside for few minutes. When mixture becomes mildly warm, shape into small balls.
- Once cooled store in an airtight container. Shelf life is 2 days. After 2 days store in the refrigerator.
Tips and Variations:
- For a richer flavour, use khoya (milk solids) instead of full-fat milk.
- Add a pinch of cardamom powder for an extra layer of aroma and flavour.
- For a colourful twist, add a few drops of food colouring before shaping the pedas.
- Experiment with different nuts and dried fruits for garnishing, such as pistachios, almonds, or raisins.
Share the sweetness and love with your family and loved ones! Enjoy these easy and delicious milk pedas during Diwali or any festival. Please do give them a try, and if you happen to make them, share your delightful pictures with us in the community or get in touch with us. We would love to see your creations!
Embrace the joy of homemade sweets and create lasting memories this Diwali with your loved ones. Happy Diwali!