Menstrual cycle is a part of every woman’s life, yet many women don’t prefer talking about it. In fact some women have negative approach towards menstrual cycle or PMS. They are uncomfortable, cranky and want to get rid of this. They believe it to be an impure and unclean process of our lives.
According to Jane Bennett, “The average woman will have between 350 and 550 periods during her life time and menstruate for a total of around six and a half to seven years” and still we consider this an awful, painful, inconvenient, messy or simply annoying experience.
Even today, many girls in India are introduced to menstruation as a curse or something unfair to endure, and about which many of us maintain an embarrassing silence.
According to Bible ~ “And if a woman has an issue, and her issue is her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever touches her shall be unclean until even….” [Levitious 15: 19-30]
Ladies it’s time for us to understand our body and recreate the energy that the nature has given us. Instead of feeling low about it women should rather convert this into this ‘ME TIME’ and empower each other.
How to Empower yourself during Menstruation:
- First of all don’t think your periods to be a burden and feel negative about it.
- Even though we live in the corporate culture and can’t do without our denims. It’s important to wear easy going clothes, which keep you warm, especially your abdomen, lower back and feet.
- Take Rest: Going early to bed especially on the first day of bleeding is considered good for your body.
- I know all of us feel meditation is super boring, but it’s all about ME time girls, spend some time with nature and in meditation.
- Notice how you think and feel about your body. Don’t stress yourself.
- Let go: To create space in your life, simply let go things that are unwanted and stagnated in your life.
If you don’t follow this you will drain the energy reserves of your ovaries and adrenal glands. This will affect your fertility, hormonal balance. So stay positive and be happy because you are going to glow after your PMS and look more beautiful.