It’s really important to stay in contact touch with you near and dear ones. Chit chat with friends or may be a serious business deal people are adapting themselves to easier means of commuting with one another. Here comes instant messengers. Viola ! And special thanks to Blackberry with their revolutionary Blackberry Messenger service or you may say BBM with lots of love. Stay connected with all you contacts 24 X 7. (Yeah you do have to pay for BIS or BES for using BBM). Now happiness doesn’t stay for long. Everything in this world comes with its own pros and cons .
We gonna tell you 5 ways to keep your BBM Safe. It will help you to make more use of it, protect your device and most importantly safeguarding yourself.
1. BBM pin is an unique identification number
– It’s only one piece in the whole world like your phone number. Keep this number safe. Be selective who you share it with, don’t post it on public networks such as Twitter, Facebook, and don’t include it in your fixed email signature.
2. Accept File Transfers From Only Trusted Contacts
– This should ring bells. As with pc’s and emails, downloading from sites, make sure you are only accepting the files from those you can trust. You can send the following: Picture, File, Voice Note, BlackBerry Contact, Messenger Contacts. Always be extra careful of hat you are downloading.
3. Backup BBM Contacts Regularly
– Backing up your BlackBerry should be as routine as backing up your pc you don’t have to worry about loosing all your BBM contacts if you back up your devce frequently. Now backing up has been made more easy. RIM has introduced back up procedure through OTA via Blackberry Protect.
4. Keep an eye on Group chats
– This is basically a mobile group-chat app. This is a really useful tool. You can post pictures and diagrams, comment on them, make lists, share a calendar, and view your members. it makes an a place to include everyone and work efficiently. But there’s also a drawback. It can affect your device’s overall performance. Every time that someone makes a comment, writes in chat, posts an image, for each of these you are alerted. This can be frustrating but it’s easy to fix.
5. Additional Privacy and Security Safeguards
– BBM offers other additional privacy- and security-oriented features. You can choose to enable a security question on BBM invites, and to do this you open your BBM, click the BlackBerry Menu Key, scroll down to Options and click, and just make sure that the “Display security question on invitation” is checked. On the same screen, you can also uncheck the “Auto-accept voice notes”.
With all the above mentioned points it’s quite evident that you know your blackberry device more than before. Hope it will help you in keeping your privacy and data safe.