A first aid kit, needless to say, is essential for every household and its importance continues to be of utmost importance. Firstly, a first aid kit needs to be kept in a place that you can easily find and should be accessible to every member of the family. Secondly, a first aid kit should be in your house as well as your car you never know when you would need it, right?
Things You Should Have In Your First Aid Kit
- Adhesive tape such as Band-aid for minor cuts and injuries.
- Anti-septic liquid ( a small bottle of Dettol or Savalon).
- Sterile Gauze pad in varying sizes and an adhesive tape to secure them ( I prefer the Johnson and Johnson First Aid Tape) The Adhesive tape can also secure small cuts and bruises effectively.
- A pair of disposable gloves (comes in handy especially when dealing with someone else’s wounds). Disposable gloves come in handy, especially when dealing with open wounds or any other body fluids.
- Thermometers (preferably digital thermometers for their accuracy and easy use during emergencies).
- An antibiotic cream such as Soframycin.
- An anti-septic powder such as Neosporin powder.
- An Over-the-Counter (OTC) pain killer.
- Sharp Scissors.
- Safety pins.
Awareness is the key to Safety. Go ahead, be safe and stay safe.
These items are essential for anyone trying to make a first aid kit. Keep these in handy, and they will never let you down in an emergency.